Mutiny on the Gryphon?
Below is an email from Colleen’s dad Mike. We thought that it was hilarious. For those on Shane’s side of the adventure, Colleen is Walid’s girlfriend.
Hello Walid, After careful reading of the Mutiny on the Bounty--I see some dangerous parallels:
- Shane is quite taken with the beauty of the island stopover (just as Fletcher Christian and his band of mutineers were)
- the Bounty had some problems with rotten sails--and technical problems that demoralized the men.
- the naked Tahitian dancing girls are tempting Shane to stay---just like the crew of the Bounty.
- Shane has resented the 12 lashes you handed down as punishment for losing iBoat satellite contact during the storm.
- reading between the lines in the blog, Shane states--"at first chance I put Walid over in the rescue dinghy--and I'll take control of Gryphon myself--return to Madeira and the king size bed, real food and demon rum!"
As you can see--things are slow here on shore! Happy sailings to Africa and Spain--and the beautiful Med